Locked The Black Knights Ban Appeal (Repost because the appeals were wiped last night)

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal' started by TheBlackKnight, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name: The Black Knight (aka HiTlEr on the server)

STEAMID: STEAM_0:1:88919455

Staff who banned you: Lt Col Ripjaw

Their STEAMID: STEAM_0:0:155466171

Why should you be unbanned?: I was permanently banned for "advertising a server''. All I said and I quote is "I used to be a TMOD for revolt server and the thing nearly shut down because someone let someone buy TMOD." I thing I should note is that Revolt has been dead and gone for about a year or two now. The incident mentioned in the story above took place on the last reiteration of revolt. I was in NO WAY ATTEMPTING TO ADVERTISE THE REVOLT SERVER. I was merely trying to tell a story about a server who wronged and scammed its community. I sincerely did not believe that I was advertising a server. The rules say no advertising in any way, shape, or form. This real leads the player to infer that advertising is being used in the usual sense such as trying to gain players or profit for a server. Such as I thought advertising meant "JOIN SERVER X AND GET Y" or "SERVER X IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN Y WE SHOULD JOIN!" or "SERVER X HAS CHEAPER STUFF THAN Y WE SHOULD JOIN!". I did not know that advertising includes even just mentioning the name of another server even in bad taste. I sincerely was not trying to advertise another server to harm Obey. I was merely trying to tell the story of a dead and gone server that was scummy. The key detail that shows that I was not intentionally advertising is that Revolt hasn't been around for a long. I know I may not be a hit with the admins and I know I'm not the best rule follower, but I'd never stoop so low as to advertise 1 server while playing on another. I believe that is just scummy and sad. I truly believed I was only telling a story and not advertising. This matter is now in the higher ups hands and I leave my fate to you. I once again am truly sorry for breaking the advertising rule and was unaware what I was doing was advertising. I only ask that you take a minute to consider my appeal. Thankyou and have a good day.

THIS IS A REPOST. THE BAN APPEALS WERE WIPED LAST NIGHT AND THE ONLY REASON I REPOSTED IS BECAUSE MY APPEAL WAS NEITHER ACCEPTED OR DENIED.

Screenshot of ban message?: 20190707161904_1.jpg

2. Rudy

Rudy Juul Master Staff Member Owner

I will unban you this one time, but next time don't mention other servers.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.