Lowpy's ACTUAL Staff Application (Edited)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Lowpy, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Lowpy

Lowpy User

STEAM Name: Lowpy

Discord Name w/ ID: Lowpy / Lowpy#4020

STEAMID | STEAMID.IO: STEAM_0:1:129978587

Time zone: US Central

Age (MUST BE 14 AND UP): 16

If you are younger than that, please tell us how you are mature enough: N/A

In-game name: Lowpy (can vary, but should always include Lowpy)

Time on the server (1-day requirement): 30 days total (28 days before timer reset, 2 days now)

Do you have any warns? (How many): Yes, 10.

If so, why?: Some were jokes taken too far or FearRP, but about 5-6 are actual warns.
    d2ac59d7f3bd8fe95bb60c767a981821.png

Do you have any bans? (How many): Two.

If so, why?:
    1. I was flying around with a barrel using the parkourist class. In return, that got me banned for 30 days. It was reduced down to one day after I appealed.

2. Basically Billie Jean won a 60 mil flip with Techno, Techno wanted him to do a 120 mil, Billie didn't want to, so I told them both "Server is shutting down in 2 weeks, just do it, it won't matter anyway" and I get banned for 100 years. I was unbanned a day later, however.

Do you have any previous staff experience?: Yes.

If so, explain?: I was staff on Obey Servers for quite a long time. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I was pretty good at it.

Do you have a clear, working microphone?: Yes, Apple Earbuds.

How long have you been playing on Obey?: Since the beginning of Summer 2018.

Why do you want to be staff on Obey Servers? (5 Sentences minimum): Well to be honest it is quite boring not being staff. There isn't a lot to do, and the staff we have are, if I can put this nicely, special. I would love to hold some events again and clean up the streets of RDM/RDA. While I enjoy RPing and basing, I love taking sits and doing my job even more. I see quite a bit of staff lacking that trait right there.

Edit: I really love being staff on here. Even if the server is "dying", or the community is toxic, I still like taking sits and helping people out. If you recall having me take your sit, you will know what I mean.

How are you better than other applicants? (5 Sentences minimum): I suppose I would be better in that I know how to deal with people. I can see through lies, unlike a lot of people. I am very quick to doing sits and most of the time everyone is happy with the result. I am very good at banning people for MRDM/MRDA before a sit is even called. Experience would be the reason for most of this. I CREATED and KNOW the rules.

Edit: I know how to deal with any kind of sit. Test me, I will know how to do it. I can explain to people what the rules mean, and how do follow them. I can tell when people are minging or when they genuinely want to RP. I know the time to get on duty, and the time to RP.

What staff member recommended you? (REQUIRED): Billie Jean, Ligma, Jay-EZZY, TechnoMerK, Edit: Dimension, Priest of the Elon Musk. Juan Jones (UWU juan gave me a recommendation o.o).

Who is the owner of Obey Servers?: Rudy | Kwoon

What is the best money making method on the server?: This really depends on how populated the server is. Allow me to answer more precisely:

Low-Mid Population: Become bitminer and place down all of your printers, bitminers, and enjoy some YouTube while you sit back and relax.

High Population: Become raider and get all of the printers you can. Preferably basing with multiple people in a well known area.

What is NLR, RDA, RDM, LTAP, and a minge?:
    NLR: Going back to the place you died less than 5 minutes ago.
    RDA: Arresting someone for no valid RP reason.
    RDM: Killing someone for no valid RP reason.
    LTAP: Leaving to avoid punishment of a sit or sit related event.
    Minge: someone who is joining the server with no intent to RP. Can also be used as a verb
    How often can you be on the server? (Make a schedule for the whole week) EX: Monday: 10 AM - 3 PM:
    Monday - Thursday: 5 PM - 10 PM
    Friday - Saturday: 8 AM - 12 PM
    Sunday: 8 AM - 10 PM

NOTE: These are times that I possibly CAN/WILL be on. Do NOT expect me to be on every day, or to be on for long periods of time. This is volunteer work, not a job.
    Name 10 commands from console, do it like the example; EX: (ulx freeze [name]):
    ulx bring (name)
    ulx goto (name)
    ulx freeze (name)
    ulx jailtp (name)
    ulx jail (name)
    ulx unjail (name)
    ulx warn
    ulx motd
    ulx ban (name) (time) (reason)
    ulx banid (steamid) (time) (reason)
    ulx noclip
    ulx kick (name) (reason)
    If there was no one on the server, would you stay to help populate it, or would you leave?: I would stay to help populate it unless I am just getting on to check for minges.

Do you agree to not be staff on any other server but Obey Servers?: Yes, and to make it clear, I AM NOT STAFF ON ANY OTHER SERVER/FUTURE SERVER.

Do you agree to not abuse your power in any way?: Yes
    Edit: If you see me doing this, REPORT IT. I do not tolerate abuse and I hope you guys don't either.

Do you agree to not use your powers off duty?: Yes, unless the right authority gives me permission to, someone is doing something that deserves a ban, or I am moderator or up.

Do you agree to use the console for any ULX commands you will use?: Yes

Do you understand that if you lie on any part of this application you will be demoted fully? (EX: Head-Admin => USER): Yes

Anything else you would like to add?:
    Allow me to say this again just in case:
    Do NOT expect me to be on every day, or to be on for long periods of time. This is volunteer work, not a job.

NOTE: This is mainly a staff application for "Operator". I will accept T-Mod if it is a must, but that isn't specified in the rules, now is it?

Please
    grade me FULLY in the following categories (note this is only a recommendation):

Format:
    Application:
    How they act in-game:
    How they acted when they were staff:
    Anything else:

Reason I want Operator and NOT T-mod: I hate requesting to extend bans. It is just one of my pet peeves.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019 at 10:57 AM
  2. Prince Jay

Prince Jay The hammer Staff Member Operator

+1 for sure

Format: good
    Application: one of the best
    How they act in-game: good but can be a minge sometimes
    How they acted when they were staff: amazing
    Anything else: you da best

You'll probably get promoted fast but it would kinda be fun to be a higher rank than you lol. But I do pretty much agree that you should get instant operator.

3. +1 we need more good staff

4. Jimbo

Jimbo User

+1 great staff knows what he’s doing but idk about getting accepted as a operator sence it would be in fair to all the other staff that had to reapply and started out at a tmod

5. Lowpy

Lowpy User

NOT A BUMP I AM REPLYING:
    Yes but none of them ever asked for anything but T-mod. I am asking for Operator. I believe this is a fair request.

6. TechnoMerK

TechnoMerK #ComeBackKwoon Staff Member Moderator+

Format: GOOD
    Application: Bueno
    How they act in-game: Can be mingy but he takes staffing well and seriously
    How they acted when they were staff: Great
    Anything else: FAT +1

7. Vortezic

Vortezic User

you minge like fucking hell, you rdm like everyone, you are such a bad influence.

+1 lmfaoo

8. Lowpy

Lowpy User

NOT A BUMP I AM RESPONDING:
    This is mainly because RP is really boring. I like to spice it up. Do not expect any of this behavior to continue if I become staff.

9. Dhodoroski

Dhodoroski User

+1 was a very good staff before and I feel like he would be a good staff again.

10. billie_jean

billie_jean Member Staff Member Operator

+1 We had a small misunderstanding and now I'd say we are friends. We also had a therapy place belos the event area.

11. DogyGaming

DogyGaming User

+1 He was an amazing staff and we truly need more good staff on the server

12. Lowpy meme.jpg

Jk you know I love you bb. Absolute. Mad. Lad.

+1

13. Avery

Avery User

+1 He is the best person I know on gmod, and would be a great staff member.

14. Kwoon

Kwoon the Chief Staff Member Owner

Put more time and efforts into this and I will take a look at it late.

15. 20190211_193317.jpg
    ^this is true^

16. +1 Please read: Lowpy, alright. I personally do not feel being serious is a part time gig. You cannot just choose when to be a minge and when to be staff. I have past experience with being a minge though and I understand it is pretty fun sometimes. Normally, since you have been a 'lil bit rude to me, I would give you a negative rating. Because you have past experience I will take your word for it and give you this as a show of good faith. Hopefully we can form a friendship over the future. I meant that if you are to be staff, you need to be less of a minge all of the time. You need to be more serious full time, not staff ALL of the time.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019 at 3:31 PM
  17. Prince Jay

Prince Jay The hammer Staff Member Operator

I hope you realize that we decided to be staff for free and were going to talk it serious and try to get on and take sits on our schedule and unless we start getting paid we are not going to treat it like a job. We will get on if needed but this is not a job and is not a "full time gig". Being staff on a server like this means we get on when we want to get on or if we are absolute needed. That's why we have more staff then a place in irl where there are like 15 ppl that work there and have to show up at a certain time and work for a certain time, we need like 30-40 staff so that there are staff on cuz we don't have set times that we get paid to work for. Now ofcourse if we dont go on duty for a while then we'll get demoted but if we have something that we have to do or somthing then we are not just going to drop it so that we can help someone that got wronged. Service work is not a full time gig.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Lowpy

Lowpy User

I do agree with you SpaceCadet. While this isn't a job, and more of volunteering, I find it way more fun treating it seriously. The only thing I don't like is having the obsessive anxiety of letting you guys down. That was what I really hated about being staff. So I stated (and am now restating) that I should not be expected to get on every day, or the get on for long periods of time. I will most likely only do things on duty when I am on, so do not worry about any minging.

IMPORTANT: if you DO see me abusing my powers in staff or breaking the rules, report that shit, whether it be in a sit, or on the forums. I do not condone that kind of behavior (Im not one to be strict about it though).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. lowpy I’m not staff we would be such a good combo rip

20. Lowpy

Lowpy User

You should be tho.

Apply now or die